Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Forward Is the Only Way Through

This card dedicated to all my fellow Houstonians. In the midst of catastrophic hurricane Harvey we have also witnessed heart-warming unity and camaraderie in our city. People risking their own lives to rescue others, unselfish acts of kindness and concern for our fellow man. My daughter and her husband were turned away from helping at three different volunteer locations today because they were all fully staffed. When checking on their own neighbors they discovered an elderly woman who was physically fine, however had run out of food so they gave her all the food in their refrigerator. I share these things for my non-Houston family and friends to spread hope, to give us something positive to read!  When our current situation threatens to overwhelm us it helps to look forward and focus on the "other side" of the situation. Trouble won't last always. Houston will re-build. We will move forward, together.


Supplies Used: Unity Stamp set Forward and Through, Altenew and WPlus 9 inks, rose gold metallic pen, gold Deco-foil, mini MISTI, gold textured card stock, 80 lb white card stock


6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love the distressed edges of the layer. Wonderful colors and sentiment! So glad you and family are ok. I have family near Houston, and they are fine, thankfully. It's wonderful to see and hear about how people are reaching out to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Sheila! I used the foil on the main curled edge. I am so glad to hear your family is safe! I tell you, with all the negative, horrible things we hear it is good to have faith in common human decency restored. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, you are a gem!!

      Delete
  2. I love how your art is beautiful AND inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, you are so awesome my friend. Your art gives me so much inspiration. I look forward to reading more of your new blog. Keep up the great work!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is a special compliment to me, as I really just desire to inspire and encourage people. Hugs.

      Delete