I am sharing my project for the Muse class taught by Carissa Wiley. This class was extremely informative and really peaked my artistic interest. It showed me how to look at everything around me as a potential piece of inspiration for a card. One of the photos Carissa shared on her Pinterest Board inspired my project. Here is the image:
and here are my cards:
What started out as an assignment ended up being Mother’s Day cards for two of our daughters.
- I used Altenew’s Adore You and Garden Treasure stamp sets.
- I stamped the images in black and then colored each flower with my Altenew Alcohol Artist Markers.
- I then cut out each image.
- The lady’s form comes from the Couture stamp set by Dylusions. I stamped her on my panel, created my own sentiment and made it a label with gold and black & white accent strips of paper (a la Carissa Wiley :))
- Then it was just a matter of playing with the flowers to place them; some petals I cut off to conform to the shape of the skirt. Tickles gave the flower centers just a little sparkle.
I could easily see myself creating these cards with a bunch of different Altenew floral stamps!!! I really love the way these turned out.
Thank you for stopping by! Michelle