Saturday, April 21, 2018

AECP Level III-Muse

Hi Friends!
I am sharing my project for the Muse class taught by Carissa Wiley. This class was extremely informative and really peaked my artistic interest. It showed me how to look at everything around me as a potential piece of inspiration for a card. One of the photos Carissa shared on her Pinterest Board inspired my project. Here is the image:
and here are my cards:
What started out as an assignment ended up being Mother’s Day cards for two of our daughters.
  • I used Altenew’s Adore You and Garden Treasure stamp sets.
  • I stamped the images in black and then colored each flower with my Altenew Alcohol Artist Markers.
  • I then cut out each image.
  • The lady’s form comes from the Couture stamp set by Dylusions. I stamped her on my panel, created my own sentiment and made it a label with gold and black & white accent strips of paper (a la Carissa Wiley :))
  • Then it was just a matter of playing with the flowers to place them; some petals I cut off to conform to the shape of the skirt. Tickles gave the flower centers just a little sparkle.

I could easily see myself creating these cards with a bunch of different Altenew floral stamps!!! I really love the way these turned out.

Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

8 comments:

  1. I can't see your photos of your cards either in your email or on your page. Is it just me? I was looking forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane thank you for letting me know. Not sure what happened.

      Delete
  2. I cant see them either and I was equally curious! Looks interesting the little peek I did see! Show us your works of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun and creative! Love love your take on using the floral stamp in such a creative way, Michele! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! Love how you arranged the flowers, how you colored them, and the sparkle adds an extra special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    I love this card idea and the inspiration. Playing a little catch up on post tonight and wanted to let you know how stunning your cards are.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete