Monday, January 1, 2018

All About Layering Lesson 1-Golden Garden

Happy 2018, Friends! I hope your holidays were all things special. One exciting thing that happened for me at the end of 2017 was being accepted to the Altenew Educator Certification Program. I am a true fan of Altenew and have been since I started card-making in 2015, so to be part of this program is a true  honor! I will be posting all homework assignments here on my blog. The first Class is All About Layering. This technique is my absolute favorite in card making. I am more comfortable with inking rather than coloring or watercoloring. Because layering stamp sets are created with shadows and accents all ready in place on each layer, it takes the guess work out of the equation and gives a life-like result! The first is using Golden Garden floral stamp set.
I love the sketchy feel of this set, not to mention how forgiving this set is as you don’t have to line the images up exactly. I chose to make my own background on this first card.  The sentiment, also from Altenew, is Label Love.
For all of my homework assignments I will use Altenew Inks, I’m obsessed with them! For this project I used the Cherry Blossom set and Jet Black.


Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Love the simplicity of this card! The pink really stands out against the layered white and black card stock! Well done, Michelle! GREAT post!

    ReplyDelete