Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thank You for Being Particularly Amazing

Lately I can't seem to get enough of fall leaves with all their rich colors and the promise of cooler temperatures (it's hot here in Texas!)๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚
Because I don't really see many changing leaves in south Texas, stamp images on cards will have to do.
I created a couple of cards, A2 and A6 sizes, using the Geometric Greenery MFT stamps and various MFT inks and dies I have on hand.

Crafty friends, did you know you can watercolor with these inks? I had fun mixing the few colors I have to make additional colors and applied them to the images stamped on watercolor paper using the wet on dry technique (just means I put a wet medium on a dry surface).

I then used various size dies from the Wonky Stitched Rectangle set, and the Surf and Turf die set for the borders.

For the leaves, I first die cut the paper so I could then center the stamped image. I used Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink to stamp. On the smaller card I decided to add some paper freckles ๐Ÿ˜€ also known as splatter. The larger card I left clean.

At this point, before adhering the leaf images, I stamped the sentiments onto the panels. There are many other beautiful sentiments in this set!

I think the "trickiest" part of making these cards was centering everything, my trusty clear grid helped me there. Once my layout was figured out, I used foam tape on the images to pop them up and add some dimension and interest to these otherwise clean cards.

Finally, I mounted everything on to 110 lb. white card bases.





 The ink colors you see above are: Ripe Raspberry, Orange Fizz, Gumdrop Green, Daffodil, Blue Yonder
I hope you have a particularly amazing day and thank you for stopping by!
Michelle๐Ÿ‘‹

No comments:

Post a Comment