Wednesday, January 3, 2018

All About Layering Lesson 1-Layered Lily

Hello Friends! Welcome to my Altenew Class Chronicles 😊. 
Today I am bringing you a pop of summer during these cold winter months. For this homework assignment I used Layered Lily.  Isn’t it gorgeous?
This is a pretty easy layering stamp to use as the shape of the stamps are very clear, no guess work. However, when using layered stamp sets I generally use my MISTI stamp positioner to get perfect placement. The tool is especially helpful if I need several images to cut out or if I am making several cards.  Inspired by a past trip to Hawaii I chose orange, purplegray and black accents for my color palette and did some masking to give the illusion of floral clusters.
Altenew inks are probably my favorite inks to use for layered images:

  • they stamp and dry very crisp and smooth
  • they come in color families
  • they come in a wide range of beautiful colors 
  • they don’t stain your stamps. 

Stained stamps are not a problem and do not affect the stamp or image, in fact, staining means you are probably using a high-quality stamp. The staining issue for me, with layered stamps only, is that if one layer is stained to the point you cannot see the detail, then it can make it hard to see how to line up the stamp. But back to the card, here is a close-up shot. You can see I’ve added clear Nuvo Crystal Glaze for dew drops. The sentiment comes from Label Love. I popped my panel onto a gray card base to accentuate the gray leaves.


That is all for me today. Stay warm and thank you for stopping by!
~Michelle

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME post! This truly is a great example of color-layering, Michelle! I love it that you chose different shades to create the large blooms. Thanks for being a model student! Love the Altenew Chronicles. Look forward to more! ps: a trip to Hawaii really helps, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia, thank you so much for your encouraging words! Yes, one MUST go to a tropical island to get the most of the creative brain and appreciation for Mother Nature’s splendid colors ;-)

      Delete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!!! Who knew those bright colors would perfectly mashup with my favorite grey... huh. could be why I'm a color-phobe, LL, I've never had a trip to Hawaii!!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you L! That is definitely the problem, you have to go to Hawaii or some other tropical island! Tell Tom, I know he will be all too happy to invest in the gift of your creativity (teehee).

      Delete