Monday, February 19, 2018

AECP Level II-Impressive Heat Embossing

Hello Crafty Friends!
Today I have a short post sharing a card done for a heat embossing class. Svetlana Marchenko was the instructor and I thoroughly enjoyed the videos (as I have enjoyed them all). I am amazed by all of the instructors’ talent and creativity. One of Svetlana's class projects inspired me to try a version of the same. And no surprise, it is florals :)
I thought I would get a start on Mother’s Day card ideas. Never too early right? The floral set used is Altenew’s Garden Treasure and the sentiment is from the Wild Hibiscus set. I received the new ink sets, Green Meadows, Sweet Dreams, and Tea Party and chose to use all three! They are absolutely gorgeous. 
The floral set is a layered one, which allowed me to use various colored embossing powders on the same image. The powders I used were Rose Gold, Princess Gold, Classic Silver, Snowflake Tinsel. I love the look and when tilted the card looks like it is foiled-so shiny. All of the powders melted extremely well and smooth, however because of intersection points of the several layers I lost some detail in the centers. I put this 4.75x6.5 panel onto a piece of Gina K. Turquoise cardstock. I really had fun making this card and learned some new things in the class (did you know embossing powder will stick to water? I will be trying that technique very soon). That’s all for me today.

Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous, Michelle ... and NO! I didn't know!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the multi-layered embossing! Truly gorgeous! Your use of colors and embossing are awesome in this, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete