Monday, March 5, 2018

AECP Level II-Beyond Basic Backgrounds

Hi Friends!
I have completed another Altenew Academy class, this one by Lydia Evans. All of these amazing instructors make this whole card-making process look so easy. But, like everything else, it takes practice to get something that I am pleased with. In one of the classes Lydia made a gorgeous ombre background with images that seem to float from the top of the card. I was inspired by her to try this technique. It started out with only the embossed butterflies, but there was just too much white space for the panel (4.75 x 6.25) so I added more.....and more.....and more. LOL. Certainly this is a ‘version’ of Lydia’s card, hers was more clean and simple. Anyhow...
 I began by creating a stencil template and then used Altenew inks to blend on color. I then took the outline layer of each image, stamped and embossed them and set the piece aside to dry.
For the sentiment I embossed this vellum circle with a sentiment from the Wild Hibiscus collection. I also die-cut vellum leaves from the Fantasy Floral set and in matching hues colored the backside with my Altenew Artist Markers. I grouped them along with the circle and secured them to the lower right corner of the panel. I hid the glue with a heart embellishment I had in my stash. When I went back to my panel I felt it was too plain and so decided to take the solid layer of each image and stamp them in the same inks, I ended up with a full panel.
 The panel was then glued to a 5 x 6.5 card base. That’s another Mother’s Day card completed.

Supplies Used:
Altenew- 
Artist Markers sets A & B (G702, B204, R702)
Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder
Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock

Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Love your rendition of Lydia's work! The color combo is YUMMY!! The embossing is such a lovely addition in this! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card. I love the Painted Butterflies stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! I love the stamp too, I especially appreciate that it has so many different sizes and positions of butterflies.

      Delete