Wednesday, May 16, 2018

ODBD May 2018 Release-Hug in a Mug

Hi Friends!
I’m back with two cards using another stamp and die set from the Our Daily Bread Designs May 2018 release, Hug in a Mug. Jesus and coffee? YES YES YES! I love coffee cards so I really enjoyed this project (Who am I kidding? I love making cards, period). This stamp and die set has great sentiments, I will be making several more cards with this one.

Card #1

“Fueled by Jesus and coffee” Yup. True story. In that order. Everyday. šŸ™☕ How precious is this saying?! I need the tee-shirt. I digress.
One of the great features of ODBD dies is that they emboss as beautifully as they cut. You can see the result in the background above. 
  • To achieve this look I taped the three largest of the double stitched rectangle dies together as shown below. Using the embossing sandwich for my die-cutting machine I ran these dies through on top of a white panel. The result is just beautiful. I also embossed the ovals and other images used.
  • I lightly sponged some Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink in the center of my panel and glued the panel to a white base.
  • Using paper from the Latte Love and Blushing Rose paper pads, I cut two pieces to layer my sentiment. I heat embossed the sentiment to make it pop.
Another fun technique I like to use is paper piecing, which I did for the two cute coffee cups.
  • I stamped each cup three times; once on white card and again on two other pieces of the Blushing Rose designer paper collection. I then pieced the white tops and sleeves atop of each cup image.
  • I used alcohol markers to add a little shading.
  • I glued the cups on to the sentiment.
  • All that was left to do was add clear glaze to the lids and a few scattered sequins for a little sparkle. 

Card #2

“I hope this perks you up!” I wanted a happy look for this card and I think blue and yellow fits the bill. I also did some partial die cutting on this one.
  • I partially die cut the cup into the top piece of my base. I gold embossed the image and colored it with alcohol markers.
  • On the inside of the card I layered a piece of yellow polka dot design paper from ODBD’s Birthday Brights pad. It peeks out underneath the top flap. Next I heat embossed the sentiment using a lapis blue powder.
  • I added the strip of blue by using my alcohol marker and a ruler to get the straight edge. 
  • I wanted to balance out the color so I added yellow Nuvo Drops to the top flap.
  • Clear glaze on the cup lid completes this card. This would make a great gift card holder.
May your day be peaceful and perky! Thank you for stopping by and leaving comments, they mean a lot to me. Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment