Wednesday, May 23, 2018

ODBD May 2018 Release-Come To Me

Hello Friends.
I have a couple more cards to share with you today using supplies from Our Daily Bread Designs May 2018 release. We go to the beach today with this lovely stamp set, Come To Me. The sentiment says “Be still and know that I am God”. Psalm 46:10. This is a great reminder today in this over saturated, busy, fast-paced, technological world we live in.

For this card I was inspired by colorful summer sunsets like this one from Pinterest.
Taken from Pinterest

Card #1

  • I first cut my panel using the largest die from ODBD’s double stitched rectangles and set the frame piece aside.
  • I Colored with Distress Oxides the top portion of my white panel; yellow, orange, pink and purple.   
  • I stamped the image and colored the rest of the scene with alcohol markers and used a white gel pen for detail on the chairs. 
  • For a cool bit of texture I used a snow pen to make the sea foam dimensional (see third picture).
  • I adhered the panel frame piece to a sheet of dark designer paper from the Latte Love paper pad cut down to size for my base. The stamped center rectangle I popped up with a piece of fun foam.
  • Just for a very light bit of sparkle I used Wink of Stella on the sky.

Card #2

  • I really wanted to highlight these lovely Adirondack chairs on my second card. I shared this embossing technique on a previous post; I taped all of the rectangle frames together and ran them through my die cutting machine to get this gorgeous embossed effect. I cut an additional small panel large enough for the stamped image.
  • I went with bright, cheery summer colors. Blue Distress Oxide ink for the sky and again alcohol markers for the rest. Clear glaze made the water shine.
  • I added the entire panel onto the blue sheet from the Birthday Brights paper pad.
  • I didn’t want to take away from the image so I put the sentiment on the inside (see below).
The entire May release is beautiful, you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment