Wednesday, June 27, 2018

ODBD June 2018 Release-Brothers and coloring pages

Hi crafty friends!
This is my last post as the May/June guest designer for Our Daily Bread Designs. A BIG thank you to ODBD for the wonderful opportunity. Today I am sharing a couple of cards using the Brother in Christ stamp set as well as some adorable coloring pages that make awesome card sets!
Card #1
This particular stamp is one solid image, as shown below, but I wanted parts of it in color. I was able to do that by using my Zig watercolor markers and a piece of watercolor paper.
  • I placed my image in my stamp positioner.
  • I colored a section at a time with the markers and then spritzed it lightly with water, then stamped. Having the fine tip on the markers allowed me to get into the tiny places. It is important not to over wet the stamp as you will have a big blob of color and lose the definition of the image.
  • I allowed that to dry and then using Distress Oxide inks colored in the sky.
  • After the panel was dry I cut it out using the ODBD’s double stitched rectangle dies.
  • I colored an additional piece of the same paper and cut out using double stitched circle dies and added the sentiment. I popped it up on double sided foam tape and adhered to the panel.
  • I matted this piece onto a piece of blue designer paper from the Birthday Brights paper pad.
  • Finally I glued the entire panel onto a 5x6.5 base card.
original image
Card Set
ODBD has available the cutest set God’s Beauty coloring pages with several images to choose from. I selected a few sheets and colored them with my alcohol markers. After matting them, they fit nicely onto 4.25x5.5 cards. Perfect to send a note. I used sentiments from the June release.
And here are some water scenes, again with crystal glaze drops for added interest:
You can find the entire June release here.
Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment