Tuesday, November 13, 2018

ODBD 2018 November Release-Merry Christmas

Hello All!
I am happy to share with you another beautiful poinsettia stamp/die set duo by Our Daily Bread Designs. This set, Merry Christmas, consists of one large poinsettia bloom, the coordinating die, and two sentiments. Isn’t she lovely! I created three different cards.
Card #1
  • I colored this image with blush and pink alcohol markers that matched perfectly with the designer paper from the 6x6 Christmas designer paper pad. I also used one of the wood grain sheets for the inside of the double stitched oval frame.
  • I glued everything to a white card base, 5 x 6.5 inches.
  • Clear glaze and a few green sequence in the center complete this clean and simple card. The bloom is so stunning, the card didn’t call for much else.
Card #2
  • Yellow poinsettias? Yes, please! This year I find myself into non-traditional Christmas colors. Again I used alcohol markers to color several blooms. The yellows and coral centers really jump off of this orange-y red designer paper.
  • I used a smaller die from the double stitched rectangle frames and gold heat embossed the simple “Rejoice" sentiment from this set.
  • As a finishing touch I used iridescent Stickles in the center of each bloom.
Card #3
  • This card is my favorite of the bunch. The soft pink paper in this paper set is just gorgeous! I used the largest three double stitched rectangle frames to dry emboss my panel.
  • After gold heat embossing the images I water colored them using Ken Oliver Color Bursts; one of the colors is Merlot and it is stunning against the pink background and other orange colors.
  • “Merry Christmas" finishes off this card.

Well that’s all for me today, don’t forget to stop by ODBD and see the entire November release, it’s lovely.

Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing... I tried coloring a yellow Poinsettia the other day - mine made it to the bin! A fabulous trio of Christmas cards, two Ls! LOve that orange-y red paper! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend!!! Yes this collection has lovely designer papers.

      Delete