Wednesday, November 28, 2018

ODBD November 2018 Release-Poinsettia Box

Hi Friends!
Happy Thanksgiving, I hope your holidays are off to a great start. Today I am sharing three more Christmas cards using Our Daily Bread Designs Poinsettia Box stamp set.
Card #1
  •  The 6x6 Christmas Collection paper pad includes lovely, muted colors. I chose this lovely green panel and cut it out using the Double Stitched Rectangle Dies. I popped up with foam tape the outside and inner pieces leaving the first frame directly on the paper; this gives a cool dimensional effect.
  • To color the image I used alcohol markers. I initially colored the image with pink flowers but did not like the result so I stamped the flowers again, cut them out and colored them yellow and coral with a matching bow and then fled them on top of the originals. I colored the box with magenta and pinks. 
  • I added some bling to the centers of the flowers and to the box with glitter polka dots using Stickles. I adhered the box to my panel with glue.
Card #2
  • For this card I white heat embossed the image onto watercolor paper. I painted the image using Ken Oliver Color Burst in Merlot, Teal, and Phalo Green.
  • Once dried I used the Double Stitched Oval dies to cut it out as well as a piece of designer paper from the Christmas collection pad. I used the stitched rectangles to cut out my larger pink panel, again using one of the gorgeous designer papers.
  • For an added touch I dipped the entire edge of the watercolor panel into clear embossing ink and heat embossed using silver embossing powder.
Card #3
  • This card is my favorite of the bunch. It measure 4.25 x 9 inches. The flowers and matching bow were colored with alcohol markers in reds, greens and pinks (I couldn’t choose just one image to use). 
  • I covered them with Wink of Stella for a subtle, but stunning shine! 
  • I then stamped the image again on three different pieces of designer paper and cut out just the box area. I paper pieced the boxes onto the flat floral image using foam tape to give a dimensional look, I love the outcome!
  • Finally I covered the box portion in clear glaze, and then glued everything onto my base.
  • The Merry Christmas sentiment adds the final touch.

I have had such a great time playing with this November Poinsettia release, I hope I shared something to inspire you. Thank you to Our Daily Bread Designs for having me as a guest designer this month, it has been my honor!!

Thank you for stopping by!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment