Wednesday, December 12, 2018

ODBD December 2018 Release-Warm Winter Greetings

Hi again, crafty friends!
This week I am highlighting two stamp sets, Winter Greetings and Seek Me, from Our Daily Bread Designs’ December release.

Card #1
This little guy is so cute!

  • I started by stamping white cardstock with ODBD’s Wood Background stamp in a very light beige ink.
  • I then stamped the owl image in brown ink, and colored it using Prismacolor pencils.
  • Because I felt he needed to look fluffy I used my snow pen on his chest, wings and head. Heat set and watch the magical puffing of the ink! Here’s a close-up:


  • Using the Pierced Rectangle dies, I cut a frame out of dark green paper from the Christmas Collection 2017 paper pad.
  • I then used coordinating sheets of paper from the same pack to cover my base and mounted the framed image on top.
  • The sentiment comes from the same set.

Card #2
I wanted to create a beautiful, wintery scene for this beautiful stamp.

  • I started by taking a scrap piece of cardstock and cutting the slopes using a die from the Curvy Slopes die set. I used it to lay on my panel before I stamped the trees. Voila, instant mountains.
  • I continued with the second line of trees but stamped twice to make them a little darker, this gives the illusion of being closer.
  • The third line of trees I added some blue ink for a Blue Spruce tree look.
  • Finally the larger tree in front, another image from this set, I stamped adding more blue and dark greens.
  • I then cut another slope, covered it in adhesive tape and added a super fine glitter for the appearance of snow, and glued to my card base. I then decided to add more “snow" throughout the scene.
  • Once I was finished with my scene I taped it to a sheet of paper from the same Christmas Collection 2017 pad.
How are you coming along with your Christmas cards? I’m great at creating them, not-so-great at mailing them!!! Yikes.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, It makes my day! Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment