Friday, September 22, 2017

Stretch Those Stamps-Frame Embellishments

Today I wanted to share something other than a card, this project is featured on the Right At Home blog today. I am always looking for ways to stretch my stamps and dies as I’m sure you are, and this project fits the bill.
For all of you planners out there I know fall events and even holiday prep work is starting; fall weddings, dinners, parties and the like. So I decided to create a table number frame embellishment as part of a centerpiece and thought to use leaves to dress this up. Enter the Fall Leaves stamp set. Besides collecting stamps, I have a ‘thing’ for ribbon (think Christmas tree décor) so I pulled out a few rolls of various colors and textures.

I stamped the leaves directly onto the ribbon and cut them out (if the ribbon isn’t too flimsy you can use the coordinating die set). No coloring necessary on these leaves as the fabric did all the work!

I adhered everything together with hot glue and then attached the small cluster of leaves to the frame with another drop of glue. Note: if you use a metal or glass frame or base, the hot glue can be easily removed after your event or holiday.

I then die cut from gold card the word “celebrate” using the Script Greetings die set and attached it to the center. Isn’t it precious? I could see using this technique to decorate a small wreath, napkin holders, place cards, etc.

Thank you for taking a moment to stop by I hope I’ve given you some inspiration to pretty all the things! 
xo-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment