Thursday, October 12, 2017

Vintage Look

Hello All!
I haven't been at the craft table too much lately, however yesterday I did create some lovely cards after being inspired by the talented Nichole Spohr.
For the backgrounds I used Simon Says Stamp Elizabeth on the vintage BOHO cards, and the Star Flower stamp on the pastel colored cards.

  • First I treated the panel with anti-static powder, used Versamark clear ink to stamp the background image and various color embossing powders: Nuvo Hot Chocolate, Zing Brown Sugar, Ranger White
  • After heat setting the embossing powder I pulled out my Distress Oxide inks to color and blend the panels (these are my first, I am totally late to the Oxide party): Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Brick Red on the darker cards and Cracked Pistachio, Worn Lipstick, Salty Ocean, Abandoned Coral for the lighter cards. 
  • While those dried, I embossed on vellum the sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps in Hot Chocolate EP and cut into strips the length of my card and the width of the sentiment. 
  • Then I cut the designed panel leaving a strip the same size as my vellum strip. 
  • At this point I embellished each card slightly different, if you look closely you will see one card has black Nuvo drops lining the sentiment, one has chocolate glitter paper bordering the sentiment, and one has black embossing powder lining the sentiment edges. I just played with various styles. I darkened all the cut edges with the black ink. I love the way they turned out!
  • I added some black Nuvo drops to pull the sentiment and coloring together.
Take a look:



Here is a look at the pastel-colored cards (these look more like Nichol Spohr's)



Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Your colors and blending are beautiful. These cards are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete