Friday, October 20, 2017

Ornate Background

Hello Crafty Friends!
I've been enjoying playing with gray card stock for card backgrounds, I think it gives such a classy look to the finished cards. For this project I used the UH-mazing Ornate Background stamp by Simon Says Stamp
 
(as of this writing the stamp is out of stock, but I am sure they will get more). 
I was needing to fill my birthday card stash and so made several at one time. I had so much fun using colored pencils as accents along with coordinating embossing powders and Nuvo drops! Take a look:
Nuvo drops shown from left to right are Rhubarb Crumble, Duck Egg Blue, Dandelion Yellow

 I used Nuvo Ballerina Pink EP on this card. You can also see in these close-ups where I did some selective cutting around some of the petals for added dimension and interest. In keeping the colors coordinated, I also added pieces of matching card stock behind the cut areas. You can see them peeking from underneath the petals.
 Ranger Superfine Detail White EP for the yellow card
And I used Nuvo Serenity Blue EP for the blue card.
It was interesting to see how the colored pencils looked on dark gray card stock. For this project I used a set of inexpensive pencils from my local Michael's store, but I just received some Prismacolor pencils and I can't wait to use them!!!
I hope I've given you some inspiration for this beautiful background stamp. Thank you for stopping by! 
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. You’re right...that’s a beautiful stamp - and so is your coloring and creativity! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it Linda??? I love it when the stamp does most of the work for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have a youtube channel and do technique videos! This is so pretty I would love to know how you did it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I don't yet know the ins and outs of vlogging, but perhaps one day soon :)

      Delete