Saturday, October 21, 2017

Concord & 9th Blooms Fill-In

Hello Crafty Friends!
Today I am sharing my first Christmas card of the season. I will start off by saying I don't think this is one for quick mass-producing. It took some time, but I love the results! The colors are non-traditional but I can see using reds on the flowers and leaves for a Poinsettia look. I'm still playing with gray backgrounds and experimenting with how inks stamp on it. Here is a picture of the main supplies I used (excluding tools):

And here is the finished card.


I started with the gray cs cut to 4.25x5.5 (A2) and then stamped the main image using the gray inks for a tone-on-tone effect. The Concord & 9th Blooms Fill-In stamp is a layered one that gives options for where you place the ink. Because I wanted the lighter background to show through, I only inked part of the florals. 
After the panel was stamped and dried I cut it in half. The base is cut to 4.25 x 6.5 so I adhered the cut panel pieces to each end of the base which left a 1-inch gap in the center. I then cut out the center long hex piece and added the beautiful sentiment from Stamp Simply. I made an extra bouquet and used the coordinating die-cut to cut it out and use to embellish the sentiment area. I Adhered everything together and then added white and glossy accents with a white gel pen and Glossy Accents, respectively. Let dry overnight and voila! I will be making many more cards with this versatile main background stamp, the possibilities are endless.

Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

9 comments:

  1. This card is just gorgeous. I have been wanting this stamp die combo but I hesitate wondering if the background stamps nicely. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me. Does the background stamp evenly and smooth? Do you need a MISTI (I have one) so you can go back and stamp it more than once? Thanks. BTW, I follow you on Instagram and you are so talented. Gorgeous cards all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna thank you for your kind and encouraging comments! This was my first time to use the stamp and because it wasn't seasoned I did have to stamp several times with my MISTI. The end result (the dark gray areas) is a smooth finish, of course a juicy ink pad helps too :) I made some additional cards last night and it stamped better with more use. One thing I recommend is to lightly swipe some versa mark ink on the stamp before inking (a Jennifer McGuire tip), that makes a difference. I hope this helps. Thank you for the follow on IG!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your reply. You are deserving of all the complements!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done Mi Lady! Your creativity just keeps expanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Man. I love you, you're my greatest supporter...I just need a limitless spending account to get more craft supplies (wink, wink).

      Delete
  3. Your design is fabulous. I love the gray cardstock and gray ink background. Dividing the stamped layer is genius. Love the sentiment also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Sheila, your comments and encouragement always make me smile!

      Delete