Thursday, November 9, 2017

Inspired By All the Little Things Challenge #71

 Inspired By All The Little Things

A big thanks to Laura Jane who introduced me to Inspired by All the Little Things challenge blog page!
Here is my entry for challenge #71, Red/Black/White:
I like creating non-traditional color Christmas cards and this color combo fits the bill. I am a little obsessed with the Simon Says Stamp Ornate Background and so decided to use it again. Here I heat embossed the image with white embossing powder on to a black card base. I used my Prismacolor pencils to add a few pops of red, which really stand out. If you look close you will see silver Nuvo Drops I placed throughout the image for subtle bling.
The beautiful Rejoice! die cut is from the Simon Says Stamp Making Spirits Bright collection; I cut this out of silver mirror card from Tonic Studios. 
Finally, I added this beautiful sentiment by Stamp Simply.
Join us in the challenge, link above.

Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

10 comments:

  1. What a stunning stamp that is and what a magnificent job you did heat-embossing it in white on black, Michelle! It's perfect for REJOICE and it's perfect for the inspiration photo at Inspired By! Thank you for playing! It's lovely to meet you! Welcome to Blogland!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Darnell, what a pleasure to meet you! I appreciate your kind words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card and sentiment, both on the outside of the card and inside! the Rejoice is the prefect size for this card! Wow, what a background with your pop of red! Thank you for joining us this week at Inspired by...so happy to see you here! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Colleen! I love it when things just "fall together" perfectly :)

      Delete
  5. YAY! I LOVE your choice of what to color RED:)) Thanks for joining the fun at Inspired By All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for inviting me to play cards with such a talented group of crafters!

      Delete
  6. Wowzers, this background is so incredible! I love your design with the wee pop of red against the black and white! So happy that you joined us in the challenge at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wanda! I certainly enjoyed seeing what everyone created!

      Delete