Friday, November 24, 2017

Heffy Doodle Designs Elfish Antics


Hello, Crafty Friends. Today I am excited to guest design for Heffy Doodle! When I received the whimsical Elfish Antics set (HFD | SSS), I was taken back to my childhood memories and all of those classic Christmas shows we used to watch.
For my first project I chose to use the snow-covered ornament included in this set. I instantly had this vision for my card to show that whimsical stamps can be used to create an elegant design; the smaller images in stamp sets can create interesting cards. I just love the cream/olive/gold color combination.

To start I die cut several ornaments.I heat embossed the images with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, and colored the bauble and holly portions with Prismacolor pencils. For added texture (and because I look for any excuse to use this pen) I used my snow marker to add "snow" to the top of each ornament; watching the ink puff up is as magical as watching embossing powder melt!
Once those pieces were finished I turned to making my panel. For this project I used cream (110#) and olive (65#) card stocks from Michael's. I used MFT wonky stitched die for outer border and the Silly Stitched circle die from Lil' Inker Designs for interest around the sentiment. As a final touch to the panel I embossed the edges with the same gold EP.
From there, I layered the finished panel onto a 4.25x5.5 olive-colored panel to bring everything together. All this was mounted onto a cream base. Red Nuvo Drops added the final touch.
Thank you for giving me a few moments of your time. I do hope you will stop by the Heffy Doodle shop and blog for loads of inspiration! Until then, happy crafting
-Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Hi Two Ls! So glad you mentioned your blog on IG today... I've been waiting for your posts to arrive in my email box ... thanks for adding that option - I'm all set now!
    This card is whimsical, magical, and gorgeous! I still haven't splurged on that snow pen, but love borrowing Bobby's when we gather - hmmm seems I forgot it last time!
    Congrats on your Guest Designer gig... you fit perfectly! xxoo
    =] One L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you One L! That snow pen is addictive; I've used it for snow, fur, frosting, froth! So glad you've added me to your email subscription, you are the best!!! Hugs.

      Delete