Sunday, January 7, 2018

All About Layering 1-Painted Poppy

Happy Monday!
I present to you Painted Poppy...isn’t she lovely? So lovely I made multiple cards. I think they will make lovely Valentine cards.
The simple, three-layered stamp is large enough to be a focal point by itself. When I make a simple card I like to add interest by way of stitched dies, shading with colors and/or a bit of guilding. I also used fun foam to mount different pieces on each card. Other main supplies used:
 
I fell in love with this blush-colored paper that is a peachy-pink with a bit of texture. I die cut this frame with the first and third dies from the frame set-this gives me a panel not quite A2 size. I then stamped the image on the center piece and taking the lead from our instructor, Nicole Picador, I heat embossed the outline. I took another sheet of the blush paper and used the A2 stitched rectangle die to give the background a more finished look. I popped up the frame with fun foam. Because there was nothing else but the single bloom I decided to give the small panel some ink freckles (aka splatter). The sentiment is from a set by Crate Paper called Heart Day; I heat embossed it onto vellum and then tore the edges. The entire thing was glued to a cream 110# base.
This piece was done on 80# Neenah Solar White card. I stamped my images using the red ink and Espresso for the outlines. After the panel was stamped I used the double stitched rectangle dies, which gave me a larger center piece. I then popped up the center with fun foam. This sentiment is from the same Poppy set and a few simple Nuvo drops complete this card. In my opinion, I think this is a great stamp set for someone who is starting to use layering stamps. That is all for me today, I hope you have a fantastic week.

Thank you for stopping by! Michelle

2 comments:

  1. LL you have me adoring this set... and that gorgeous little torn strip of vellum? be still my heart!!! Beautifully done! Gorgeous blush paper! Bravo to both!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you L! I’m loving the poppy stamp and the frame dies!

      Delete